StudentScout - Chicago, IL | October 2012 - January 2013
· Placed outbound calls about information requests in a call center environment. Followed prewritten scripts to gather information and qualify prospective students.
· Overcame objections and verified expressed program of interest. Contacted Director of Admissions, introduced prospective student then initiated warm call transfer.
Radio Shack - Chicago, IL | September 2008 - March 2011
· Supported Store Manager with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations, achieving sales goals, and advanced technical troubleshooting. Completed various quarterly inventory replenishment and Plano gram projects.
· Recommended electronic devices, adapters and parts, cellular phones, mobile internet, and technical services. Attended vendor technical training by: Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Netgear, Linksys, Apple, Blackberry, Dish Network, TomTom, Magelllan, etc.
Circuit City - Chicago, IL | August 2007 - July 2008
PC Technician/Product Specialist
· Provided recommendations to customers purchasing desktops, laptops, electronic devices, and technical services. Performed PC diagnostic and repair, PC imaging, hardware upgrades, software installs, and advanced technical support at Firedog Tech Bench. Maintained daily logs in order to close completed service tickets.
· Demonstrated expertise in integrating digital cameras, mp3 players, ipods, cabling, networking, audio, GPS, printers, and peripherals with PCs. Completed vendor technical training by: HP, Apple, Sony, Gateway, Acer, Toshiba, Norton, Microsoft, Cisco, Olympus, Canon, etc.
Morton Grove Pharmaceuticals - Morton Grove, IL | August 2004 - January 2007
· Responsible for maintaining records in Shipping and Receiving Department. Served as liaison on information coordination between shipping and accounting.
· Generated daily performance report, filed shipping records, and tracked United Parcel Service shipments.
Columbia College - Chicago, IL | August 2001 - April 2003
· Compensated staff, faculty, and students; served as first point of contact for the Payroll Department. Answered employee inquiries, maintained records, and gathered the data needed to resolve conflicts.
· Generated, maintained, and analyzed reports via PeopleSoft and Crystal Reports. Produced, sorted, and distributed checks and electronic direct deposit verification.
Harris Bank - Chicago, IL | July 1997 - July 1998
Jr. Network Administrator
· Assisted Senior Network Administrators and Project Managers with phase one and phase two of Y2K compliance project.
· Traveled to all branches in Chicagoland area to retrieve, upgrade, then configure desktops for network compatability.
· Formatted hard drives, flashed BIOS, upgraded DOS and RAM, and changed NICs from token ring to Ethernet on teller terminals.
· Distributed (FTP) various software setup files from server to server then installed those applications on banker’s workstations upon arrival at branches.
MicroTrain Technologies | 2013
IT Certifications- MCTS
DePaul University | 1969
B.A. , Computing (90% Complete)