I'm a full stack web developer, a systems architect, a Linux aficionado, a PHP evangelist, a front end engineer, an open source advocate, an impromptu DBA, a systems admin,and a security enthusiast.
I'm a senior developer at MicroTrain Technologies and the lead developer for TheProfessional.Me
• Full Stack LAMP Development: Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL, CakePHP
• API and Framework Development
• Methodologies and Concepts: MVC, OOP, RAD, Agile
• Cloud: Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Amazon AWS
• APIs: Rackspace, GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, DocuSign, Smarterer, CloudConvert, Twilio
MicroTrain Technologies - Chicago, IL | February 2007 - Present
Director of Awesome
I wear a lot of hats a MicroTrain, for a number of years I worked as the sole developer on a web based ERP that was a mesh up of several open source projects. I have since migrated the entire system into a custom LAMP application built on top of CakePHP. I then built a small research, marketing and development team that focuses on improving internal operational efficiency, identifying and developing products for new market opportunities and extending the marketability of our current core competencies.
• Problem Solving and Complexity Management
• Product and project management, user interaction, system optimization and process development
• Design and implementation of development processes.
• Design and enforcement of coding standards.
• Design and implementation of system architecture.
• Design and implementation of core system functionality.
• Gathers business requirements and designs system specifications.
• Full stack LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) development.
• System Administration.
• Managing staff.
• Implementation strategies to improve consumption of services.
• Recruiting and training new staff.
Lextech Global Services - Lisle, Il | October 2006 - February 2007
Developed the pilot system for a Health 2.0 application. My role on the team included full stack development, database and UX optimization.
• Development of clinical data driven web applications
• LAMP/WAMP environments
• Team coding with concurrent version control
• Beta testing, bug tracking
Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University | 2009
Master of Information Systems Management, Information Security
DeVry University | 2006
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems